- Gastric banding surgery and Hospital Stay
- Weight Loss
- Short Term Side Effects and Complications
- Adjustments and Fills
- The Green Zone
- Long Term Side Effects and Complications
- Advantages and disadvantages.
The Green Zone
This is the ideal band fill volume which allows you to achieve optimal weight loss. Everyone requires a different restriction volume and adjustment schedule to reach their Green Zone. Ideally, once the band is adjusted to the green zone, the patient should tolerate a 1200calorie a day diet without significant hunger between meals.
When patients are not in the green zone, they will often experience the following symptoms:
- Well chewed food getting stuck
- Frequent heartburn
- Waking up at night coughing or vomiting.
- Maladaptive eating (liquid or soft foods are the only foods you comfortably eat).