BEST HERNIA SURGEON IN BANGALORE INDIA
Dr Adarsh M Patil mbbs ms FALBS (Belgium ) FILHS (Boston University USA)
He is Consultant Laparoscopic Surgeon is associated with eminent hospitals like Manipal Hospital, Apollo Hospitals and Narayana Hrudalaya in Bangalore.
He is certified by Boston University School of medicine in Laparoscopic hernia surgery. Has experience of 15 Years.
CALL NOW ! +91-9972446882
Hernia is occurs when an organ or internal tissue pokes through a hole or weakness in your abdominal muscle wall. In most cases, people have no or very symptoms. Swelling or lump in stomach area or groin is the common presentation.
Hernia causes dull pulling type of pain However if sudden pain and it can’t be pushed back in, you should take urgent medical care. It means hernia is tightly pinched at the site where it pokes through the muscle wall (obstruction) and in extreme cases this may cut off the blood supply to the intestines and tissues in abdomen
A physical exam is usually needed to diagnose hernia. Doctor will check for a bulge in the groin part. Standing and cough can make a hernia more prominent, you’ll likely be asked to stand and cough or strain.
Doctor might order an imaging test, If the diagnosis isn’t readily apparent like an abdominal ultrasound, CT scan or MRI.
In children, the doctor might will applying manual pressure to reduce the bulge before considering surgery.
Growing and painful hernias usually require surgery to relieve discomfort and prevent serious complications.
Two general types of hernia operations are there, Open hernia repair and Laparoscopic repair.
Hernia repair surgery is the world’s most common surgical procedure. Hernia surgery will helps to relieve pain, return the hernia abdominal organs to their correct place and, strengthen the weak muscle area.
A hernia operation usually will take an hour as a day procedure.
It can be done by:
- Open surgery – Under local or general anaesthetic, an incision usually around 2.5 to 3 inches is made to the skin near hernia and the surgeon will push your hernia back into your abdomen. Then the incision will either stitched closed or much more commonly a mesh is placed over the hole and fixed using fine stitches.
- Keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery – Under general anaesthetic, several smaller incisions are made to allow the surgeon to use a less invasive technique using various special instruments including a tiny telescopic camera to repair the hernia. A mesh will then used to strengthen your abdominal wall.
Surgeon will suggest you the appropriate type of surgery based on the location and severity of your hernia.
UNDERSTANDING WHY LAPAROSCOPIC HERNIA SURGERY IS BETTER
There is a constant is going on, whether laparoscopic surgery is the best option for the treatment of hernia .
There is no doubt that laparoscopic hernia surgery in Bangalore tends to be less invasive, there are smaller incisions which has to be made in the patient’s abdomin and it also causes less pain to the patients. The recovery period after this surgery is also comparatively shorter. In order to form an educated opinion about this, it is important that we first understand the laparoscopy procedure which is used for the treatment of hernia.
WHAT IS LAPAROSCOPIC HERNIA SURGERY?
For this type of surgery a laparoscope is used. Laparoscope is a thin, telescope type of an instrument. This laparoscope is inserted inside the abdominal of the patient through a small incision which is made at the belly button or the umbilicus of the patient. The procedure needs to be performed after having put the patient under general anesthesia. Therefore, before the start of this procedure and even before the patient is put under anesthesia, there are certain tests which need to performed on the patient, in order to ascertain that he is fit for this laparoscopic surgery. The tests include, a general check of the general health of the patient, checking of the medical history of the patient and a complete physical examination of the patient which should include EKG and all the lab works.
TYPES OF LAPAROSCOPIC HERNIA SURGERY IN BANGALORE –
- LAPAROSCOPIC INGUINAL HERNIA REPAIR SURGERY IN BANGALORE
- LAPAROSCOPIC VENTRAL HERNIA REPAIR SURGERY IN BANGALORE
- LAPAROSCOPIC UMBALICAL HERNIA REPAIR SURGERY IN BANGALORE
- LAPAROSCOPIC DIAPHRAGMATIC HERNIA REPAIR SURGERY
FACTORS WHY THIS SURGERY IS A BETTER OPTION THAN TRADITIONAL SURGERY:
Below are some of the benefits or advantages of laparoscopic hernia surgery in Bangalore, which make it a better choice than the traditional surgeries:
- In the case of laparoscopic surgery, three very small incisions will be made on the body of the patient, while in the case of traditional surgery, although there will be only one scar, this single scar would be a very big scar.
- As mentioned before, the recovery period for the patients after this surgery is very less and hence the patients can expect to go home and restart their lives much sooner than what is possible after a traditional surgery.
- The pain that the patients have to bear after the surgery is also considerably less after a laparoscopic surgery.
- The total cost of the surgery and the hospitalization works out to be lesser than in the case of a traditional surgery.
Thus, all in all it does appear that opting for Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in Bangalore is a good option. It is because of all the benefits discussed above that the use of this surgery for the treatment of hernia has become extremely popular all over the world and today it is very common for the surgeons across the globe to usie this surgery as the first option for the treatment of hernia in their patients. Even in the case of India, most of the doctors present here, are using laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of hernia in their patients. The success rate of such surgeries in India is pretty good and in fact, facilities for Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery in Bangalore are considered to be the best in the country.
PRECAUTIONS AFTER LAPAROSCOPIC HERNIA SURGERY IN BANGALORE INDIA:
The above discussion makes it clear that the use of laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of hernia is completely safe and common now days. However, since the surgery is quite risk free, therefore the chances of the patient taking it very lightly and not taking the necessary after surgeries precautions are very high. It is important that since the patients tend to get discharged pretty early after the surgery, they should be called back for follow up with the surgeon for a little while. The doctors need to provide the patients with completely counseling for managing their daily activities and food intake habits which will help them in recovering in a speedier manner. The doctors should also inform the patients about the symptoms which the patient must be on the lookout for and in case of appearance of any of those symptoms, the patient should be told to contact the surgeon or the hospital immediately. The process of recovery after this surgery is normally pretty fast and within a few days after discharge the patient may start to feel perfectly fine. But, the doctors need to make sure that the patient understands that he needs to take things easy and light for at least a minimum of two weeks before he starts exerting his body once again.
SAFETY OF THE PROCEDURE:
The laparoscopic surgery for hernia is a perfectly safe surgery. In terms of safety and risks, this surgery procedure can be compared to any other open surgery procedure and the safety quotient would be the same. Just like any other surgery, it is important that this laparoscopic surgery is also performed by the specialists only. It is for this reason that laparoscopic hernia surgery in Bangalore is very popular as the doctors present there are totally qualified and experienced in performing this sort of surgery.
COST OF LAPAROSCOPIC HERNIA SURGERY IN BANGALORE INDIA:
Depending on the type of hospital and medical facility that a patient opts for the cost of this surgery in India would range between the following values:
- In a small private medical homes, the cost of the surgery would be around Rs. 50000/- for open surgery and 70000 for laparoscopic and the medical supplies would cost around Rs. 20000/-.
- In bigger nursing homes the total cost can go up to Rs. 80000/-.
- Large private hospitals the cost of this surgery would rise to Rs. 90,000/- and can in fact go up to Rs. 3,00,000/-.
Thus, depending on your budget, you can pick the medical institution from where you want to get your hernia removed through laparoscopic therapy.