Rectal Cancer Treatment In Bangalore Uses A Combination Of Chemotherapy And Surgery
When there is an abnormal growth of the cancerous cells in the lower part of the colon, the person is believed to be suffering from rectal cancer. The part of the colon affected by this disease is the part which connects the anus to the large bowel. It takes years of the rectal cancer to develop fully and before one can know that rectal cancer treatment in Bangalore is required.
Causes Of Rectal Cancer
Although the exact cause of rectal cancer is not known yet, but some of the risk factors which do increase the chances of the occurrence of this disease are as follows:
- Old age. People who are above the age of 50 are more prone to be affected by this disease than younger people.
- People who smoke are more likely to develop rectal cancer
- If you have a family history of this disease, then you chances of getting this disease become high.
- If your daily diet is high in fat, then you are pushing your body towards this disease.
- Anyone with a history of polyps, colorectal cancer or inflammatory bowel disease, will be ore susceptible to this ailment.
If you have even one of the above factors true in your life, then you must stay prepared, since the need for going in for rectal cancer treatment in Bangalore may arise any time in your life.
Symptoms Of Rectal Cancer:
Most people are able to decide when is the right time to visit the doctor or worry that they may be affected by rectal cancer. Some of the symptoms of this disease, which can force a person to go in for rectal cancer treatment in Bangalore are as follows:
- The symptoms of this disease are same as those that occur in case of a bowel infection or disease.
- The biggest symptom of this disease is bleeding from the rectum.
- The person may start to experience anemia.
- He or she would feel tired all the time and would also experience shortness of breath.
- Dizziness and heartbeat beating faster are also symptoms of this disease.
- Obstruction in the bowel movement.
- Stool discharged would be small in dimension
- Sudden weight loss.
If you are having a combination of any of the above symptoms, especially bleeding from the rectum, then you need to immediately contact a good doctor, since you may be in need of rectal cancer treatment in Bangalore.
Diagnosing The Disease:
Simply the occurrence of the above symptoms does not confirm that the person is suffering from rectal cancer. There are certain other specific tests which need to be performed in order to confirm the presence of the rectal cancer in the body. Some of the tests which need to be done in order to do a proper diagnosis of rectal cancer include the following:
- Fecal occult blood testing
- Digital rectal examination
- Studying of CT and MRI images
- Detection of Carcinoenbryonic antigen
- Other routine blood tests
Once the results of all of the above tests are in hand, and it is confirmed beyond doubt that the patent is indeed suffering from rectal cancer, it is important that rectal cancer treatment in Bangalore should start immediately, without any further delays. Any delays in the start of this treatment can actually increase complications and also endanger the life of the patient.
Treatment Of Rectal Cancer:
There are four stages to which this rectal cancer can belong to. Treatment of the rectal cancer in the initial stages is pretty simple. Things do get a little complicated if the patient is in the second last or the last stage of cancer, but with the advancements in medical science, the number of patients who have managed to fight cancer and lead a long and healthy life has increased greatly. There are basically two stages of treatment involved in the treatment of rectal cancer:
- First is the use of chemotherapy. This involves the use of radiations and medication for the containment of the disease as well as the treatment of the disease.
- The second stage is to perform a surgery and remove the cancer from the colon, and later use chemotherapy to ensure that it does not grow back.